Quality, One-of-a-Kind Knits!

Monday, 3 September 2007

Odds n' Ends Socks

Here's a photo of my current WIP, socks for myself made from the odds and ends of sock yarn that I've collected over the last couple of years. The yarn is a mixture of Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, Opal sock yarn, and Confetti sock yarn. The pattern is one that I concocted over the last few years to fit my ever swelling ankles and calves.

I'm doing both socks at once on 2mm Brittany Birch dpn's. I started with a star toe, the body of the foot is done on 72 stitches for 7 inches. I did stocking stitch on the bottom of the foot and a 2x2 garter rib stitch on the top of the foot. Then I did a garter stitch short row heel on 40 stitches.

When I finished the heel, I started doing 2x2 garter rib on all of the 72 stitches. I did this for 2 inches then did an increase row making the pattern a 3k x 2p garter rib (90 sts.) At 5 inches, I increased again for a 3x3 garter rib and that's where I'm at now.

I plan to continue in the 3x3 garter rib until the socks reach 8 or 9 inches, then I'm going to use 1x1 ribbing until the socks are long enough to reach my knees (or until I run out of yarn).

1 comment:

Louisa said...

Great way to use up your sock leftovers, Cyndi!